Sunday, April 4, 2010

april fool

i've been pretty busy this past week, and to be honest, pretty uninspired to blob anything. been too nice outside to sit inside i guess. so my latest obsession - crossfit - has me unable to lift my arms today. nice !! over the past 7 days, i've done, just to name a few, 236 wallballs (where you squat to within 6 inches of the ground, and then push up and toss this 14 pound squishy ball to a target up on the wall), 180 jumping pullups (jumping cuz i still can't do one real one) (and they were all in one session i might add), 154 other exercises that involved squatting (be it with a bar over my head or jumping), and the ever dreaded burpees - 204 of them to be exact. and i SUCK at burpees. so for 90 minutes in total, i pushed myself to the point of failure. i LOVE it!

fridays' long run turned into, as captain labelled it - cuz he did the same thing - the 'toast run'. toast because we both ran out of water and pretty much crawled the last 30 minutes back to our respective cars. i had invited a bunch of people, but everyone backed out except my sexy fast friend ali, and my other speedy friend geoff. oh sure, like i would even consider being able to keep up with those two. they claimed it didn't matter, blah blah blah, but i knew it would be oh so painful for them. so we all agreed on another day. i got going from the tai chi center around 10, carrying what i thought was enough water . . .

made it to the top of the ski hill in hockley feeling pretty good. and check out the snow still on the slopes!


i got over to the far end of the golf course before turning back. and natch i had to get another pic of the snow.


made it back to the 5th line still feeling good. stopped to pull some of the dirt out of my socks. check out the stoopid fly on my foot. oh, and check out my big toenail that's about to fall off!



got close to airport road and made up my mind to try and conquer 'the steps'. now i know me and christine counted them at one point, but i can't remember exactly how many. 67 maybe? anyways, i managed to do it, except for the one that's about 3 feet high!



it was at airport road that i realized i was out of water. gee, i should be fine, it's not THAT warm out. argh! it was the longest 30 minutes i'd run in awhile. i was very tempted to grab a drink out of the creek, but just couldn't stand the thought of potential beaver fever. knew it was bad when my tongue was firmly stuck to the roof of my mouth. stoopid dora !! finally made it back to my car and just lay in the grass for 10 minutes. will make sure NOT to do that again! AND must remember to get me one of these gadgets!!! thanks derrick!


saturday, my foot was cranky, so i decided to ride instead of run. took the misfit over to terra cotta on the rail trail. it sure was busy. and it sure was interesting to see all the different people out. for example, there was the guy in the wife-beater hauling his kid in a bike carriage while smoking a cigarette. then there was the prissy looking chick carrying a starbucks while her boyfriend ??? was leading her and a big floppy lab down to the swamp. wonder how that turned out? hahaha! and there was the cranky looking woman who was standing impatiently by the bridge while her little kids explored the creek for frogs. at least the kids were having fun! and oh ya, who the hell can look perfectly put together while hiking on a trail???? i mean, the hair, the fancy jeans, i don't get it. you're outside in the dirt lady! even if i try i can't look like i should go somewhere important. i once had to borrow a golf shirt from fireman dave for a funeral. i remember the days when i was married, and me and petey would have to stop off at the quickie-mart on the way to some fancy dinner so i could buy a pair of knee highs! i bought a 50$ strapless bra for my wedding (that was a lot back then) and only wore it for the ceremony. i think it was 5 minutes into the dinner and my best friend's boyfriend was sporting it on his head!! come to think of it, i'm not sure where that ended up. i once invited moose to a 'gala' thing that me and my ex went to. it was the first, and only time, he saw me in a dress. i believe i got a 'holy doodle' out of him. the best part - i had borrowed everything from a friend - right down to the bra. moose still threatens to show that picture around if i'm being particularly nasty to him. i just thought i looked like a big muscly guy in drag! oh oh, i've been rambling! anyways, i had a saweet ride and fit in a visit to caledon cycle to refill my water bottles and exchange a pair of trekking poles for some new tights. and for god sakes, my arse must be getting bigger, cuz when i got home and tried them on, it wasn't a pretty sight. guess that means yet another ride on the rail trail!!.

this morning i had a great run on the humber. started before 8 so it was really quiet. did my final crossfit session of the week - another killer - and am about to head over to the grumpy little portugueses' for an easter egg hunt. just love all these holidays dedicated to chocolate! (hmm maybe that would explain the problem with the 'tights' . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment