Sunday, March 3, 2013

sparring with fig ...

tuesday was nice enough i could wear shorts AND get a bit of sun on the pasty white legs.  


trails were in amazing shape and i had a huge shit-ass grin on my face!   even busted out the pink sox ...


but then came a bunch of sloppy wet snow ...


i know - pretty - but whatever ...


after 90 minutes, i was pretty baked - snowshoe running in this stuff is exhausting!


ahaa!   remember last friday's pic ...


we did the reverse this week ...


and then i mustered up the nerve to try some sparring with fig at the karate studio.   loved watching him and jeremy mess around ...


this is my adorable friend jose who, incidently, was just awarded his purple belt in jiu jitsu!


haa!  christina had no trouble keeping fig on his toes ...


and then me - yikes - once fig got me calmed down, it was really fun.  he kept yelling at me for 'squeaking' every time i hit him.  'kendra - stop apologizing for hitting me!!!'


i tried to remember all the stuff me and darryl had been working on, but it sure is a different story when someone's actually trying to smack you upside the head!  but fig was great - real patient - and just kept me moving.   and yes, his arms REALLY are that big!


after the ghetto girls on saturday, and then a session with the grumpy little portuguese, i finally made my way out into palgrave - expecting the worst after the snow on wednesday ...


 but i was pleasantly surprised - trails were in good shape!  i guess the cold had compressed them a bit, so they were totally runnable!  my legs felt awesome and i stayed out for almost 2 hours!


then just hung out watching season one of the drew carey show with miss lilian ...


and with one final run sunday in palgrave with everhard, as the sun sets, the weekend is pretty much over.
 

 *sigh*


BUT WAIT - only 3 more days until they announce the first wod for this year's open!   i am so excited i could almost shit my pants!   this is gonna be FUN !!!!



2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOU KENDRA!!
    I'm glad to see you're up to your usual relaxation techniques of running for hours on end and then sparring with the biggest man I've ever seen!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely !!! i miss you too!!!
    and fig's not so bad - just a big teddy bear really!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete