Tuesday, August 2, 2011

biking to vancouver . . .

as if . . .

seriously, i just want to wish my buddy steve a safe trip. he left this morning from his place in bolton at 6am - on his bike - for vancouver. total mileage is close to 4700km and he's hoping to ride around 200 a day. that should get him there in approximately 3 weeks! his wife lexi is flying out to meet him for a well deserved holiday!!

here's a shot of all the krap he had to pack . . .

and here it is all loaded on his bike! amazing! i think he said it weighed in at 65lbs. i couldn't fit that in a duffel bag for gawd sakes!

i hope to get updates from lexi, and will keep you posted. i think this is so amazing and those of you who know him will probably agree that he should have no problem getting there!!

may the wind be at your back my friend, although i truly think you're going the wrong direction for that . . .

2 comments:

  1. All the Best of Luck to your friend on his long journey. I actually had a dream that I rode a 3 wheeled bike across Canada a few days ago. I can assure you that the bike seat in my dream was much more comfortable looking then Steve's looks. I am not much of a biker though so why I was dreaming about biking I don't know.
    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay ej! this guy is amazing! bikes in ANYTHING! one of the most hardcore people i know. got this from his wife this morning; 'made it to Owen Sound yesterday - probably heading to the ferry across to manitoulin right now'

    and i usually just dream about food ...

    ReplyDelete