Tuesday, September 14, 2010

enough already !!!!!

well, the big five ohhh has come and gone. thank pete ! everyone EXCEPT me seemed to think it was a big deal - to me, it's just another day. a lot of people seemed to think i had to 'do something special' . . . hmmmm, let's see, if i really consider it, i say i've already DONE a lot of really kool things this year. like - visiting georgie in texas and running 80 miles, like - going to tennesse with my favorite pylons and running the mountains of chattanooga for 3 days. like - starting up a trail group and seeing how fit all my little dirties have become. like - being introduced to the mighty alex and going crazy with my latest obsession - crossfit. like going sky diving with my friends michael and little miss betty. like - going back to colorado to run the transrockies with my bitchin friend leslie on REALLY short notice. like - getting a sunflower tattooed on my shoulder. so ya, sounds pretty sweet to me !
BUT i must get one 'little' thing off my chest before i go any further. i truly think my clients were out to get me this year. over the span of 5 days, i received - and consumed - the following . . .
  • 4 chocolate bars of assorted flavor
  • 2 shortbread chocolate chunk cookies
  • one bag of chocolate covered cranberries
  • 21 sour cream glazed timbits (okay, i bought those - but derrick said i could!)
  • one dairy queen ice cream cake - which the pickle helped me eat
  • one wendy's triple cheeseburger and fries - moose's fault
  • one VERY LARGE brownie reeses peanut butter milk chocolate chip cheesecake
  • a dozen peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
  • 3 pieces of peanut butter chocolate cream pie

and yes digger, it's all true. kick me off the primal wagon - for i have sinned beyond forgiveness!

anyways, enough on that. check out the pic below - this is what your foot might look like IF you drop a 45lb barbell on it . . .

i am such a loser !


and finally, you all know how i LOVE getting stuff in the mail . . . well check out what i got from derrick today!!! and check out how he addressed it . . .



MORE STICKERS !!!

thanks D - LOVE the shirt !!! you rock !!!

and finally, let's all take a moment to remember matt. it was a year ago, on my birthday, that he died. i hope you all did a little run in his memory. keep exploring the trails my friend, wherever your spirit takes you.


3 comments:

  1. Ouch, that looks painful. Hopefully nothing's broken.
    No problem with all the treats,Dora. You fall off the wagon, you just get back on again.You have been doing a great job.
    Better get yourself some podium shoes for the 50-54 age category!

    *one wendy's triple cheeseburger and fries...MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm....Cheese..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra! I just realized I can post a comment! Technology and I never really got along but we're working through it....

    I am very impressed with your list of treats! What is a peanut butter chocolate cream cake?! That is something I gotta try!

    Here is my list from Sunday:
    -french toast for breakfast with butter flavour syrup
    -a blueberry fritter (omg heaven!!!!)
    -2 ice cream sandwiches
    -a Harvey's combo with a hotdog, fries and a coke
    -lemon cookies (about 4)
    -an Oh Henry bar
    -dinner at an italian restaurant that included bread, gnocchi, and pizza
    -pumpkin pie

    It was really fun but its no wonder I felt sick in the middle of the night!!!!!

    After all of that my organic yogurt and chicken breast lunch felt really good!

    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap lia ! i thought i was the only one who could eat that much! i am humbled my friend!!

    ReplyDelete