Wednesday, May 5, 2010

hooray hooray, it's the first of may . . .

i've been lazy - haven't posted in a week or so. anyways, i'm back. BUT, i'm on the td list once more. i was having major grief with my foot - not the numbness - that has pretty much gone - but with the bottom of it. according to moose, i keep tearing the scar tissue which is holding my foot together because i won't let it rest. hmpfff ! and after a dash-in-dash-out trip to the patch to see dr. nick - remember him - he concurred. he adjusted my orthotics and insisted i not run for 2 weeks.


running god was there with me, and acted as a witness.


so after a brief visit to rose avenue, and a quick reunion with rose (who had set the bbq on fire) and 2 of dave's kids (jade and jasmine) and some yummy lunch, i made my way back to palgrave. moose gave me this portable micro-current thingy so i could 'frankenstein' my foot and hopefully heal it faster.


my buddy spaff recommended the 'strassburg sock' which would hold my foot in a 'stretched' position while i sleep. so i got christine to grab me one. check out my 'old lady sock', as me and my very most favorite sister call it !

and believe it or not, it actually works! so when i told spaff, he said 'awesome', but 'keep it under control.' alright, alright! so i am being very fucking patient and not running. i really really want to be able to run in tennessee in june.



so what have i been doing to keep me sane . . . well, as i told derrick, i've been reacquainting my arse with my bike seat(s). i did a couple good rides on the misfit, until it started making a strange clunky noise. i emailed the king misfit, informed him of the problem, and got the following reply:

"i am no mechanic. i hate repairing bikes (just look at mine)... BUT ... if you still want me to look at it i will. i am back in ON friday ... you are patient ... actually at your age, everyday counts ... ne'er thought of that."


okay - next option. i'll phone my buddy wayne. he can fix anything. and here's the response i got from him . . .

"the problem is the rear wheel hub. if your buddies at misfit are of no help let me know and i will get it repaired. i know, single speeds don't need repairs. (insert sarcasm here)." and so despite his 'obvious' dislike for single speeds, wayne was able to figure out and fix the problem. thanks wayne!

in the meantime, i picked one of my other bikes, and decided to ride it. about a year or so ago, my good buddy wayne got me a sweet cyclo-cross bike. now, because of all the running i was doing, this poor little beauty didn't get much road time. i decided to take it into bolton on sunday for crossfit. nice bike, but the seat was nasty ! it rubbed in places i can't even mention! waynnnnnnnnnnnnnne, i need a new seat! (poor wayne). again, he managed to help me out by finding me a more comfortable one. so once again, i am happy and my bird is happy ! hehe! mind you, there was a right kerfuffle trying to change seats. i was being so careful, putting all the pieces in order, watching where they all went, when suddenly one fell in the gravel. FUCK! where the hell does that piece go??? argh! i have NO patience for shit like this! it took me a good 30 minutes to finally figure it out. oh, and don't even ask me about the chain on the misfit!



and finally, i have been feeding my addiction with lots of crossfit. i was concerned i would have to limit my activities, due to the stoopid foot injury, so i asked the mighty alex what he thought. here's his reply . . . "i'll just treat you like a pregnant chick - no skipping or jumping." saweet! i did notice, however, that he kept the dreaded burpees off the 'forbidden list!' rats! anyways, my monthly total for april for jumping pull-ups was 908. still can't do a real one yet. AND, i learned the hard way not to use too much weight for a sumo deadlift high-pull, especially if you bounce it off your chest! fuck that definitely left a contusion !


today we did a tabata workout with burpees, deadlifts, box jumps and kettlebell swings. you go 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off, for 4 minutes, and then you switch right away to the next exercise. incredible how much you can sweat in just 16 minutes! and that's me pretty much up to date for now.



check out the rainbow after the storm tonight . . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment