Sunday, May 20, 2012

only 15 days to go ...

today was the last of 3 days of running. i procrastinated too much in the morning, and by the time i got around to thinking about it, it was way too hot. so i waited until 3:30 and finally headed over to palgrave. the first hour was torture - i swear it was close to 35 degrees, and i thought i was going to barf. but after that, i settled down and started to feel the trail love. after 2 and a half hours, i stopped at the birthday tree and did my 100 burpees.

i ended up doing a solid 3 hours and finished strong! i then drove over to little shar's place where i soaked my legs in her 60 degree pool while charlie watched ...

thanks shar ...

and i totally enjoyed the little rest in the hammock! what a great weekend of running!

as mentioned, today is day 100 of the royal burpee challenge! it seems like months ago we started this - wait - it was - almost 4 months ago! my superstars are up to 5050 after today! i continue to be impressed with how incredible they are all doing!

and speaking of burpees, i got this email from our beloved anna fair the other day ...

Going into Garden Foods was super crazy every man/women for themselves, I had to park at Zehrs because of the car jam and as I ran across the parking lot w my cart in tow I see a halo of sorts coming from a car and it was him in the flesh Father Jimmy!! So now he thinks I'm a crazy stalker because I say "Jimmy"...like I know him lol and he proceeds to look at me like who is this craZy person running w a cart in between cars? I say "I'm one of Kendra's followers I'll see you at the burpee challenge".....so I may have scared poor Jimmy away...my apologies ahead of time!

and so when i saw father jimmy at crossfit friday night, he gave me 'the look' and mentioned that he had met one of my 'groupies'. he then wanted to know 'how many of them are there'. poor jimmy!

saturday the plan was for a nice hilly run of 4+ hours. i actually got my arse out the door relatively early - like 9:30 - and started from the 5th. i was a little worried my legs might be baked from all the deadlifts i'd done the night before (forgot to mention that spaff), but it was all good! hit the 15th sideroad in just over 50 minutes, and i must say, all the torture with the mighty one is paying off - it was a bit easier (not easy) than usual! wahoo!

sweeet blue sky ...

little bridge on the snell loop ...

as i was running through hockley, i came upon these two people hiking. i glance at the guy and notice his shirt has something vaguely familiar on it. i look closer and realize it’s the logo for the leadville 100. so i stop and ask him about it. apparently, his name is cliff, and he did the first (i think he said) 8 races. and then he volunteered for 12 years. and then, i think, he said he and rolly portelance were the first canadians to do hard rock! now i might have the specifics mixed up, but that was the gist of it. kool or what!!! he then asked for my name, and said he’d check the results this year! too fucking kool! it's gotta be a sign ...

love the ferns ...

and lilacs ...

i finished a strong 4:30 - but not before doing my 99 fucking burpees - with total climbing of almost 2400 meters!! sweet run on a sweet day for sure!!

friday i did an easy mindless 2 hours in palgrave before crossfit. felt good!

and of course, friday night club! like i said, lots of deadlifts and ring pushups! great group!

and holy krap - got this email from my banff mountain girl buddy leslie this week ...

Poor Keithy! He's pretty bent out of shape, but considering how lucky he was - he's O.K. I pick him up at the airport late afternoon. He was in the middle of Yosemite "just ridin' along..." when he got hit from behind by a big ol' Harley. Lucky, lucky, lucky. But, he broke his back. No spinal damage. No head injury. Just a crazy accident.

i met keith and leslie when i first did the transrockies in 2008, and then hung out with them two years later when me and leslie teamed up last minute. keith is the nicest guy EVER and his attitude is amazing. heal quick and strong my friend!!
I'm now at home...being taken care of and doted upon by leslie. Basically...it's just going to be a LOT of sitting around (ok...reclining around)...and the break will heal in time. I can walk short distances, very slowly, with a walker, and that's fine for now. I can also handle the stairs at home! I received awesome medical (and friend) attention in California, and Westjet was fantastic with all the help I could ask for. So...all good, and now..on to recovery! Thanks again for all the notes and healing vibes! Keith
wednesday was leadville training day with the mighty one. first we did (i did) 10 squats

followed by a prowler push ...

and finishing with 10 box jumps. for 7 rounds!

awesome workout as always! thanks alex!! love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment