Sunday, October 12, 2014

happy turkey day

i got these pics from bob - holy krap the redhead is getting sooooo tall …



a couple of weeks ago i had to venture south of 7 - way south of 7 - for a wedding.  if it was anyone else besides my friend michael i wouldn't have bothered.   and of course i had to borrow a bunch of clothes for the occasion - why the hell would i own a dress?  sonia gave me some things to try, and i totally amused the ladies at the caledon centre trying them on.   especially when i ended up putting my head thru the arm sleeve of this cross-over wrap-around thing!  and then i went to crossfit, where kathy had a few more for me to check out …


sonia was real pissed that i wouldn't get a pedicure - why the hell would i pay someone $40 to paint my toes.  and besides, i need those callouses!  so i borrowed some polish and did it myself.  i loved the fact that the polish covered up the dirt which is permanently embedded under my nails from trail running …


i then went to my friend vicky's place and got her to fix my hair - not something i am capable of!    once that was done i threw on the selected dress and voila.  i even managed to find a pair of underpants!


both of my 'dates' had bailed on me, so i opted to go solo.  i was lucky enough to hitch a ride with ghetto girl janner and dr. joe.  i felt like a little kid being left at camp when they dropped me off in front of the galleria - right smack in the middle of the city!  but once i figured out how to get up to the third floor i was good!

i must say - it was the most beautiful wedding i had ever been to.  not real big, no stress, nothing elaborate, just two people in love getting married.  i had tears in my eyes the whole ceremony.    michael and sheldon looked soooo happy!


i had to laugh when michael came up to me and said, 'i hear you're wearing a little black dress…'  man i love this guy!  i am so glad i was able to be a part of this!


i think this was from my run in palgrave - the sky has been so amazing lately.  i'm totally distracted every time i head outside …



check out this huge mushroom …



saturday i headed back up to mono cliffs.  it was spectacular!


the legs were a little krunchy at first, but after about 30 min they settled down and i had a great run!


another incredible sky shot …



sunday after crossfit, me and duncan went for a hike.   more like bushwacking really!  next time i'll wear pants ...


another beauty day ...


i really like his place - i think i'll just move me and some of my krap in one day while he's at work ...


happy turkey day everyone!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment