Saturday, August 2, 2014

not long now !

so i had my last tire run with eddy on tuesday - pulled my little buddy for 8k!  i had a lump in my throat when i put him back in the trunk ...


check out this sweet sunrise the other day ...


what i THOUGHT was my last long run - 5+ hours a week ago friday!  i met up with richard and barb at the top of the 5th.  they were heading in the opposite direction - hiking for twelve hours ...


haha!  they used the little red mazda as their aid station table!


it was still light when i popped out onto the 15th ...


i grabbed this shot in hockley - just before the stoopid skeeters came out ...


my view as the sun started setting ...


this was at the top of the ski hill, just past the golf course ...


i did about 90 minutes in the dark.  good for almost 32k by the time i got back to my car!


on sunday i got awesome news!  my super incredible mountain friend leslie is flying into kelowna and crewing for me!  i was so happy i cried!   i can't imagine anyone else i'd rather have stumbling thru the mountains with me!!!!
 

and then spafford informed me that i had ANOTHER long run THIS weekend - prolly cuz i've been giving him so much grief lately.  so back to hockley and up the 5th - for the last time!  the wildflowers were stunning ...



i couldn't sit for too long - the stoopid deer flies were awful !!!


the skeeters were horrible too, so i grabbed this one real quick ...


and holy krap - who knew they had orange salamanders in hockley !!!


so i put in another 5+ hours.   i'm tired.  but i'm ready.  and i think i'm done freaking out - which is good ...


2 comments:

  1. Go Dora! Nice that you and Leslie are reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my little beer drinking pylon! Can't wait to hit the mountains with leslie! And you're more than welcome to join us!!

    ReplyDelete